To all those steak-loving Dads out there…and well, every other meat-eating person too…here is a wonderful Steak Sauce that he will be glad to try today! This sauce has a lot of zing and is “husband-approved” (someone needs to trademark that phrase). I’ve adapted it from The Healthy Home Economist’s milder (but no less delicious) Homemade Steak Sauce recipe. The recipe in the link below is lacto-fermented, meaning that it is naturally preserved with a yogurt by-product, whey, which adds nutritional value to the sauce by increasing vitamin content, making the nutrients more digestible, increasing enzymes, and adding antibiotic and anti-carcinogenic properties. A sauce that tastes this good should be good for your body too! The recipe is here (Food > Sauces/Condiments > Lacto-Fermented Savory Steak Sauce).
- Many cans still contain BPA in the lining. Here is a list of cans that don't! For more information visit... fb.me/1PVGXGiQ0...hearty helping served: 1 year ago
Top Posts & Pages
- [DANIEL FAST] Savory Stuffed Peppers & Soup | A Helping of Hope
- Soft Sandwich Sourdough Bread Recipe | A Helping of Hope
- Cooking Tip | Use pineapple juice to keep apples from turning brown
- Lacto-Fermented Savory Steak Sauce | A Helping of Hope
- Sprouted Grains & Legumes
- Homemade Yogurt & Whey | A Helping of Hope
- Sprouted Lentil Pizza Crust (Grain & Gluten Free) | A Helping of Hope
- [DANIEL FAST] Lion's Den Stew & Soup | A Helping of Hope
- All Natural Solutions
- Faith Fridays
- Food & Nutrition
- Fragile X Syndrome / Autism
- How To Do Things With Your Kids
- Mama Mondays
- Personal Care
- Recipe thuRsday
- Transformation Tuesdays
- Word-UP Wednesdays
Affiliations (Products I Love)
I am a "third culture kid" raised in the U.K. and U.S.A. who now lives in a small town in Southeastern Michigan with my husband, stepchild, and two small children (one of whom has FXS/Autism). I am dedicated to helping others make right choices for a bright future through Faith, Family, Food, and Fun!
A Helping of Hope by Amanda Mauricio is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Disclaimer!I am not a professional nutritionist, doctor, therapist, psychologist, spiritual/religious leader, or educator. I am a stay-at-home Mom with a highly technical background; I do my homework and share what I have learned with others. Use your best judgment how to implement the information contained on this site as you will be responsible for the results. This site it is not a substitute for professional interventions when such services are deemed necessary or required by law; if you have concerns of any nature that this site is not adequate to address, please consult a professional in that area. Thank you!