This is a soft-textured, light-yet-firm crust that’s ideal for pizza. If you are trying to reduce the amount of grains in your diet or eliminate them altogether, this amazing crust won’t seem like a compromise.
Blend ingredients, combine with whipped egg whites, and bake on high to pre-bake crust. You can top with Fresh & Fast Pizza Sauce, a condensed form of Homemade Spaghetti Sauce, or whatever toppings you prefer. Serves 1-2. This recipe is ideal for personal-size pizzas; due to the lighter weight, this crust works best for smaller-sized slices. If you do make a larger pizza, I recommend using a rectangular baking tray lined with unbleached parchment paper; plan to cut the pizza into 3″-4″ square slices. Quadruple the ingredients below for a regular, small pizza; since you’ll be dealing with more egg whites, make sure to whip the whites in a shallower (vs. deep) bowl.
- 1/2 cup sprouted lentils
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 TBSP homemade (or plain) yogurt
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Food Processor
- Egg Separator
- Measures: 1/2 cup, 1 TBSP, 1/2 tsp, 1/8 tsp
- Small glass bowl
- 9″ parchment circle
- Baking tray
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Blend sprouted lentils, almond meal, yogurt, egg yolk, garlic powder, and salt in the food processor
- Whip egg white on full speed for five minutes or so until stiff peaks form
- Slowly fold egg whites into the lentil batter until completely combined
- Place parchment circle on the baking tray; gently spread batter onto the parchment circle
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in freezer for later use or cover with pizza sauce and toppings and bake immediately until cheese is browned.