This has to be one of the easiest dressings to make if you have the correct ingredients on hand. Tastes sweet and “herby” too!
Blend. Pour. Store. (See, I said it was easy!) The vinegar in the Ingredients list is created by taking leftover fruit with some of its juice and placing it in a small glass bottle with Apple Cider Vinegar. After a few weeks, the vinegar absorbs the flavor of the fruit and may be used to impart it to the dressing. Only a little fruit/juice is needed: about 10% of the vinegar by volume (I use leftover fruit from flavoring homemade yogurt). Make sure the olive oil you are using passes the ‘fridge test: if it turns milky white and solidifies in the ‘fridge after a few hours, it may be real olive oil. If it stays clear and doesn’t change color, your olive oil is a fake! Let the olive oil return to room temperature before using.
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Organic Raspberry or Organic Cherry Vinegar (see overview)
- 1/8 tsp Organic Ground Mustard
- 1/8 tsp Real Salt
- 1/8 tsp Organic Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Organic Dried Basil
- 1 TBSP Raw Honey (unfiltered is best)
- Mini Food Processor
- Measures: 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, 1 TBSP, 1/2 tsp, 1/8 tsp
- Small glass bottle
- Blend all ingredients in mini food processor or blender for several seconds.
- Pour vinaigrette into small glass bottle. Make sure to always shake bottle vigorously before pouring.
- Gently pour vinaigrette onto salad or in a dipping bowl for bread.